Forbes jumped back into the pockets of several well known comedians for another look at their 2017 Highest Paid Comedian’s List. This year we see some familiar names along with new positions. Most notably, Jerry Seinfeld has taken the top spot and Amy Schumer wears the crown as the only female comedian on the list. Another thing to highlight is that Chris Rock has landed the #2 spot thanks to his Total Black Out Tour.
The king of comedy is back. After finishing No. 2 on last year’s list of the world’s highest-paid comedians, Jerry Seinfeld returns to the top with income of $69 million between June 2016 and June 2017. Like many of the funny people on this year’s list, Seinfeld has Netflix to thank for a good part of his eight-figure paycheck (also contributing: those Seinfeld syndication checks). After second-ranked Chris Rock–who earned $57 million–managed to secure a record-breaking $20 million-per-special contract, Seinfeld followed suit, proving these deals are the new golden ticket for those who used to tour their way to millions. Seinfeld, Rock and Dave Chappelle, who earned $47 million, are the only ones on the list who managed to negotiate $20 million specials.
Here’s the complete list;
- 1. Jerry Seinfeld: $69.0 Million
- 2. Chris Rock: $57.0 Million
- 3. Louis CK: $52.0 Million
- 4. Dave Chappelle: $47.0 Million
- 5. Amy Schumer: $37.5 Million
- 6. Kevin Hart: $32.5 Million
- 7. Jim Gaffigan: $30.5 Million
- 8. Terry Fator: $18.5 Million
- 9. Jeff Durham: $15.0 Million
- 10. Sebastian Maniscalo: $15.0 Million