Elle Magazine has did a first for it’s editorial by releasing their first-ever Women In Comedy issue. For the inaugural cover, the cast of the upcoming Ghostbusters each got a chance to show off their cover poses. The four main women of the comedy got a chance to shine within the pages, but it seems that one in particular is shining a little brighter than the rest. Leslie Jones ended up getting an outpour of support for her cover look from several people in comedy. From comedians to fans; Jones support mostly highlighted her long journey within the comedy ranks to now gracing the cover of Elle.
Here’s what some had to say about Jones’s cover via social media;
- Chris Rock: I told you she was funny.
- Kevin Hart: Wooooooow….This made me smile this A.M. Major congrats to @lesdogggg on such a amazing cover. I know how long you have been grinding & to see you in this light truly shows what hard work & dedication can do. You are pound for pound one of the funniest females in the game!!!!! I’m so happy for you!!!! #ComedicRockStarShit
- Loni Love: Yass @lesdogggg !!! We come a long ways from the 2 am spot at The LaughFactory… Take wings and keep flying!!! #ghostbusters2016
- Sherri Shepherd: All your struggles @lesdogggg …Selling your comedy cd’s outside the clubs in LA just trying to make some money… When you thought about giving up because nobody would give you a shot. You had the fork in the road – stay in the game or go back home. You chose to stay and here you are. Congrats @lesdogggg you deserve this and every success that God brings your way – keep showing people what happens when you believe in YOU! #pu**yinyaface
- Cedric The Entertainer: Aye!! Big Ups to @lesdogggg she been doing her thing along time, stage, TV and Film. Shine on… Chea!
The July issue of ELLE Magazine hits newsstands June 21st