They say that comedy is a man’s world; but these funny ladies are laughing all the way to the bank. Below I have listed a few female comedians who are making the big bucks right along with their male counterparts. Comedy may be a male dominated sport, but there are a few women who are playing in the big leagues as well. Take a look at some of these funny ladies, and see how being funny has them cashing in the big checks.
- Amy Schumer- Amy Schumer is reportedly worth 10 million dollars. 9 of those 10 came from a book deal that she received from Simon and Schuster’s for her biography titled, “The Girl With the Lower Back Tattoo. Amy has also made several Television and Film appearances. Being worth 10 million is not bad considering she just started doing stand up in 2004.
- Wanda Sykes- What is there to not love about Wanda? She’s funny, talented, and pretty paid. Wanda Sykes is worth a cool 6 million dollars. That’s not bad for a chick that was born in Portsmouth, Virginia. I can totally see why Wanda has the net worth that she has. Wanda is a comedian, writer, voice over actress, and a movie star. She’s not the jack of all trades, but she sure is the Jill. Entertainment weekly said that Wanda was among the 25 top funniest people in America. What an honor that is.
- Whitney Cummings- Model, actress, writer and producer. All of these titles have made Whitney Cummings one wealthy lady. According to celebrity net worth, Ms Cummings is worth a little over 15 million dollars. This does not surprise me. In Whitney’s latest HBO special, “I’m your Girlfriend”, she talks about how hard it is to date, because she makes so much money. It must be hard to be beautiful and rich. Not many people are worth 15 mil.
- Amy Poehler- She is a Saturday Night Live alumni and starred in the hit series, “Parks and Recreation. Amy Poehler is said to be worth a cool 18 million. Her net worth will increase after the movie she did with her best pal, Tina Fey, “Sisters” finish making its theatrical run. Poehler also hosted the Golden Globes in 2013 which earned her a big payday or 2 million dollars.
- Melissa McCarthy– From staring in the hilarious movie, Bridesmaids to being the star on her own hit television series, Mike and Molly, Melissa McCarthy estimated net worth is 20 million.
- Tina Fey- Did you know that Tina Fey created the hit show 30’s rock ,and was earning 500,000 per episode? Fey also wrote a book which earned her a huge pay day. As of today, Tina Fey is currently worth 45 million dollars. I think we all can take a few pages out of her book. Tina Fey is definitely one of the highest paid female entertainers in show biz.
- Whoopi Goldberg- Just like Tina Fey, Whoopi is also worth 45 million. I can totally believe that. Whoopi has won an Oscar, Tony, and Emmy award. She also won a Grammy. Now as a co host on The View, Whoopi is bringing home 5 million a year. In the early 90’s Whoopi was said to be the highest paid female in movies.